Design Engineer - System Design and Control Ref # 2013-010
Job Title: Design Engineer - System Design and Control Ref # 2013-010
Design Engineer - System Design and Control
IMW Industries is currently looking for a Design Engineer to join the Engineering team. The Design Engineer – System Design and Control works in the engineering team on assigned projects. Responsibilities include concept generation, P&ID generation, component specification and selection, flow calculations, ASME Section VIII Div. 1 calculations and detailed production drawings. The Design Engineer communicates with the engineering and production team to ensure designs are cost effective and producible. The lead engineer may assign overall project management tasks to the Design Engineer who would then work in a project engineering capacity for the duration of the project.
- Generate P&ID parts list.
- Generate test sheets/plans.
- Generate detailed manufacturing drawings.
- Flow calculations.
- Pressure vessel calculations as per ASME Section VIII Div.1.
- Develop 3D models using Solidworks.
- Generate engineering BOMs in the ERP system.
- Maintain parts and engineering BOMs in ERP system.
- Review P&ID and detailed drawings when assigned.
- Improve drawing control procedures and company standard practices.
- Control drawings as per company procedures.
- Create detailed design of components for IMW products. This includes as a minimum the generation and review of:
- Manufacturing Drawings
- Specification and selection of assemblies and components
- Bills of materials
- Material requisitions
- Generation and control of engineering documents as per company procedures.
- Estimate costs when assigned.
- Coordinate projects when assigned.
- Perform work in accordance with IMW documented policies and procedures:
- Engineering and Design Documentation Control (EN-2003-001)
- Engineering Design Process (EN-2003-002)
- R & D Projects (EN-2005-001)
- Design Change Control (EN-2003-003)
- Complete all applicable quality records.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Degree in mechanical engineering or similar.
- Licensed as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) or enrolled as an Engineer in Training (EIT)
- Training or experience in ASME codes Section VIII Div 1, ANSI B31.3 and CSA B51.
- 2 - 5 years experience in machine design preferably in reciprocating compressors.
- 2 - 5 years solid background in preparing detail manufacturing drawings using Solidworks.
- Background in mechanical design of heat exchangers, pressure vessels, piping as per ASME B31.3, and assemblies.
- Experience in assemblies of machines/compressors an asset.
- Knowledge/experience in electrical systems an asset.
- Ability to communicate effectively with production staff and vendors.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills to ensure information is correctly
documented and put into action.
- Formal training or experience in ERP/MRP software.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to make decisions, give clear and concise directions and to carry them out.
- Good analytical skills are required to allow computation of engineering design
ABOUT THE BENEFITS
In addition to your salary, IMW provides their employees with a generous benefits package:
- Comprehensive medical and dental plan.
- Company matching RRSP contribution.
- Standard vacation.
The Next Step
Do you meet the requirements to be successful? Ready to tell us how you can add value? Forward your cover letter, resume and salary expectations to email@example.com.