IMW Industries is currently looking for a Configuration Management Lead to join the Strategic Operations team. The Configuration Management Lead will play a key role in ensuring Configuration Management initiatives meet objectives through increased employee adoption. Manages and monitors the controls of business processes changes, systems and technology. The Configuration Management Lead provides analysis and recommendations for improvement of the configuration management processes and tools. Leads and manages the implementation of IMW’s Product Lifecycle Management system as well as becoming the lead in supporting change control initiatives. The Configuration Management Lead oversees the implementation of IMW’s Product Development Process and ensures its use and improvement.
- Become the configuration management championn providing clear direction to the organization in all change/configuration and design control initiatives.
- Create IMW’s Configuration Management strategy.
- Leads the implementation of a Product Lifecycle Management system across multiple locations.
- Provides on-going support and training on PLM processes and systems.
- Establishes and trains employees in IMW’s Product Development Process.
- Provides on-going support and training to employees on IMW’s PDP.
- Establishes and maintains open communication and processes to control engineering design configuration / implementation practices.
- Apply a structured methodology to configuration management activities.
- Identify and prepare risk mitigation plans.
- Owns and manages the document control processes.
- Establishes and leads the Change review/implementation board.
- Establishes and manages the Enterprise Change Request/Notice process.
- Ensures ERP (Microsoft AX) information is in accordance to configuration controls.
- Works with the IT department to ensure all in-house systems are integrated and provide accurate information.
- Defines and measures key metrics.
- Provide direct support and coaching to managers and supervisors to ensure change processes are followed.
- Support project teams in integrating configuration management activities into project plans.
- Complete all applicable quality records.
- Perform work in accordance with IMW documented policies and procedures.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Change management certification or designation desired.
- Engineering degree an asset.
- Experience with large-scale organizational configuration and change efforts.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences.
- Excellent active listening skills.
- Ability to read technical drawings and specifications
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships.
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal.
- Organized with a natural inclination for strategy planning and tactics.
- Familiarity with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle.
ABOUT THE BENEFITS
In addition to your salary, IMW provides their employees with a generous benefits package:
- Comprehensive medical and dental plan.
- Company matching RRSP contribution.
- Standard vacation.