IMW is currently looking for a Maintenance Technician who can work as part of the Production team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the maintenance and repair of equipment, machinery installation, repair and overhaul of mechanical/electrical installations on the production floor, as well as full facility maintenance. These duties will be performed in accordance with IMW documented procedures and instructions.
This fulltime, permanent position will be best suited for someone with knowledge of gaseous fueling equipment and their operations, preferably in a mid-sized manufacturing company. The ideal candidate will be a person with manufacturing experience within a fast paced environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing duties of this job, the employee will be required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to feel, handle or grasp, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear on a frequent basis. The employee must regularly lift and or move up to 25 lbs regularly and occasionally lift up to 50 lbs. Specific vision capabilities will be required including close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to work in a team-based environment
- Conduct preventative maintenance duties
- Troubleshoot electrical problems
- Actively contribute to continuous improvement initiatives
- Assist in the set up and maintenance of equipment
- Ensure compliance with appropriate external regulations and internal maintenance policies and procedures
- Perform equipment repair and other facility project work
- Be willing to clean and service mobile and shop equipment
REQUIRED EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Working knowledge of tools and equipment, mechanical devices used for equipment maintenance
- Very good mechanical skills
- High school education or equivalent aptitude
- Mathematical ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide units of measure.
ABOUT THE BENEFITS
IMW Industries will reward the successful applicant with attractive remuneration package, commensurate with experience and skills.
In addition to your salary, IMW provides their employees with a generous benefits package:
- Comprehensive medical and dental plan
- Company matching RRSP contribution
- Standard vacation
- Steel toe boot allowance
- Coveralls provided