IMW Industries is currently looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join the Engineering team. The Mechanical Design Engineer is responsible for concept generation, design detail, equipment specifications, equipment selection and production drawings. The Design Engineer communicates with the production team to ensure designs are cost effective and producible.
- Generate concepts for components
- Generate detailed manufacturing drawings
- Develop 3D models using Solidworks
- Generate engineering BOMs in AX
- Generate standard toolbox libraries for 3D models
- Maintain parts and engineering BOMs in AX
- Review drawings when assigned
- Improve drawing control procedures and company standard practices
- Control drawings as per company procedures
- Ensure raw materials or parts are available as IMW standard / stocked materials
- Create detailed design of components for IMW products. This includes as a minimum the generation and review of:
- Layouts drawings
- Manufacturing Drawings
- Specification and selection of equipment
- Bills of materials
- Work instructions
- Material requisitions
- Design calculations
- Generation and control of engineering documents as per company procedures.
- Estimate costs when assigned.
- Coordinate projects when assigned
- Perform work in accordance with IMW documented policies and procedures, including:
- Engineering and Design Documentation Control (EN-2003-001)
- Engineering Design Process (EN-2003-002)
- R & D Projects (EN-2005-001)
- Design Change Control (EN-2003-003)
- Complete all applicable quality records
REQUIRED EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Degree in mechanical engineering or similar.
- Licensed as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) or enrolled as an Engineer in Training (EIT) in Canada.
- Training or experience in ASME codes Section VIII Div 1, ANSI B31.3 and CSA B51.
- 2 – 5 years experience in machine design preferably in reciprocating compressors.
- 2 –5 years solid background in preparing detail manufacturing drawings using Solidworks.
- Background in mechanical design of heat exchangers, vessels, piping, and assemblies an asset.
- Experience in assemblies of machines/compressors.
- Ability to communicate effectively with production staff and vendors.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills to ensure information is correctly documented and put into action.
- Formal training or experience in ERP/MRP software.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to make decisions, give clear and concise directions and to carry them out.
- Good analytical skills are required to allow computation of engineering design parameters.