IMW Industries is currently looking for Nightshift Foreman to join the Production team. This shift will run from 11pm – 7am Monday through Friday, and will report to the Production Manager. The Nightshift Production Foreman is responsible for the effective supervision of the manufacturing operation including fabrication, electrical, and assembly of IMW products while ensuring that quality standards and productivity requirements are met. Responsibilities include the training of staff members in production methods, safety, policies and procedures, as well as the identification and correction of potential work problems and health and safety issues. Through the effective management of targets, goals and efficiencies, the Nightshift Production Foreman will ensure the ongoing success of the shop floor.
- Oversee and work with production personnel in the assigned areas related to production.
- Identify areas for improvement, expedite and gain production efficiencies and cost reductions.
- Ensure that time is properly tracked and allocated to each job for costing purposes, by scanning in and out of the jobs through AX as required.
- Ensure materials are properly tracked and allocated to each job for costing and traceability purposes.
- Conduct quarterly reviews for direct reports.
- In a “hands on” manner work directly with team members within the department and on job(s) as assigned.
- Meet the required deadlines as established by Production Planning.
- Ensure high quality standards are built into each and every job.
- Motivate the team, build strong work ethics and pride in one’s work.
- Maintain a safe work environment within the production area and on each job.
- Communicate directly with the Production Manager, or other parties as needed, regarding any requirements, concerns and/or ideas.
- Instruct subordinates on best practices.
- Maintain and distribute up-to-date requirement information to subordinates.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to all staff.
- Ensure compliance with company standards for cost control, waste reduction, quality, safety, and complete and on-time delivery.
- Identify, investigate, correct and document potential environmental and safety problems.
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and coordinate work activities with other units.
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity and product quality.
- Provide information for production plans to ensure that production objectives are met.
- Train staff in job duties, safety procedures and company policy.
- Recommend personnel actions such as hiring and promotions.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of technology.
- Other duties as required.
- Complete all applicable quality records.
- Perform work in accordance with IMW documented policies and procedures.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- A Trade Certificate from a recognized program; or the equivalent experience.
- OFA Level 2 is an asset.
- Knowledge of equipment, tools, mechanical devices, and their uses to provide service on compressor equipment.
- Three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A sound understanding of manufacturing and/or production processes and practices.
- Regularly required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to read and comprehend manufacturing drawings.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to write effective correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Minimum of 2 years experience with ERP systems required.
- Proficient with use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Maintain valid driver’s license.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience in the directing of production personnel.
- Excellent organizational abilities, be innovative, having an eye for quality and detail.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.