IMW Industries is currently looking for a Technical Specialist to join the Customer Care team. The Technical Specialist works with domestic customers and internal department to deliver service and technical support, to facilitate equipment testing, commissioning, warranties, servicing, training, rebuilds, root cause analysis, assists in promoting aftermarket parts and services sales. IMW’s philosophy is that the customer is king.
- Ensures assigned service jobs are completed efficiently and in a professional manner, representing the best interests of the company at all times while achieving the satisfaction of the customer. This includes maintaining a presentable image, wearing the assigned uniform and being adequately prepared to perform the assigned work.
- Responsible to collect sufficient information relating to the performance of the equipment, outstanding issues, service records, parts used, future parts requirements, work performed, complete all quality records, labour records and expenses incurred.
- Understand the operational and technical function of the equipment being supported and serviced, to ensure the equipment is operating safely, reliably and at its optimal performance.
- Participates in suggesting methods to improve the product and processes of the company. This will include documenting and preparing conclusive reports with related observations, pictures, historical data, testing verifications and other applicable methods that help promote quality, service and customer satisfaction.
- Involved in the preparations to support the service delivery needs on new products. This includes reviewing pertaining forms, procedures, tools and training needs.
- Responding to emergency and after-hour service call-outs as per the assigned schedule and required response time.
- Operating assigned company vehicles in a safe and responsible manner while obeying all applicable laws. This includes ensuring the vehicle is properly maintained, remains presentable, clean and for all parts and tools to be properly stored, accounted and be organized.
- Solicits sales of new or additional services in an efficient, professional and courteous manner. This position requires being tactful and patient with customers and maintaining proper communication within the Customer Care department.
- Offers product support, technical assistance and is involved in the creation and upkeep of training curriculum. This involves providing training to customers and the staff of the company’s global service centers.
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with all employees to promote a cooperative and harmonious working environment in order to facilitate positive employee morale, productivity, and continued improvement.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Journeyman Electrician.
- PLC Experience
- Knowledge of equipment, tools, mechanical devices, and their uses to provide service on compressor equipment.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Woking knowledge of:
- Capable of learning new technical software programs as assigned by IMW.
- Maintains a valid Driver’s License and Passport.
- MATHEMATICAL SKILLS:
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to calculate basic figures
- REASONING ABILITY:
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to deal with and solve practical problems involving several concrete variables in standardized and non-standardized situations.